Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Day with the Paramount

Share to others what I know: that’s what I kept in mind during our workshop with the 3rd year high school students of Angeles City Science High School.

Our class was scheduled to conduct a workshop about copy editing, last January 25. As part of the preparation for the activity, our project head designated us to different work teams. We wasted no time to prepare for this event. Workshop facilitators and the technical team have prepared activities in line with the topic. I was tasked to be one of the speakers for section III-Avogadro.

My classmates were a bit scared to speak before the students of ACSci because they have the notion that the students there are intelligent plus the fact that they won 3rd place on copy editing on DSPC. Even I, was nervous to speak in front of them and teach them the copy editing symbols, because they might know it better than me. But we have to do this workshop, that’s why we’ve gathered all our energies, efforts and knowledge for the success of this activity.

Section III-Avogadro, as the first section of the junior high school of ACSci, I expected them to be the serious type of students that you can’t even throw jokes on them and all they want is to read and study their notes. But my three hours of stay in their classroom during the workshop is fun. They are very participative and attentive to what we are saying. Sharing them what I know about copy editing is like reviewing myself from what our professor have discussed to us.

It’s good to have this kind of experience. Truly, this kind of activity is worth to be written in the diary of my college life. What we did as a class made me think that we are contributing to the future. Who knows that one or two of those we taught about copy editing will be one the greatest editors in the country. And thanks to this workshop because I’ve got the chance to visit the school who trained me to be the person I am right now, after three years.

Overall, I have learned a lot about the workshop that we’ve conducted. And once again, our class proved how united we are and how much we are determined to achieve what we want. Kudos to my fellow AB Communication 3B students. Hope to have more projects with you.

No comments: